Sunday 18 November 2012

Chocolate Coated Muesli Slice


I did it!  I ran 12km, without stopping and in a surprisingly good time!  I completed my first and definately not last Run Geelong with over 11,000 other people on this gorgeous sunday morning.  It was then time for recovery food and what better way to do that than a friends 30th birthday in the park.  Good food, great people and a bit of relaxing in between chasing 1 and 3 year olds.  I took along a plate from my last post with a little twist, my Fruity Nutty Muesli Slice with a drizzle of dark chocolate. It's great on it's own but even better with a little treat on top (and look rather inviting too).


Chocolate drizzled fruity nutty muesli slice
So no new recipes today, I'm exhausted, just my tip on melting chocolate for decorating like this.  Simply place about 50g of your favourite chocolate in a zip lock bag and place in the microwave on 70% for about 2 minutes, taking it out and squeezing a little at about half way.  Then cut a very small snip off the bottom corner to turn your bag into a piping bag to drizzle the chocolate over your slice, biscuits or whatever takes your fancy - perhaps even icecream!
Too easy not to enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment